Robert Ivey Ballet Is Reopen
I hope you all are doing well and ready for the fall. This summer has been an unusual one. Even though the future still seems very uncertain, we want to believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I know that we can get through this all, especially if we are together.
We decided to add more hybrid classes to the schedule for those of you who are concerned about face to face classes ( see attachment ). The new zoom links will be emailed to you as soon as you register for classes and pay your tuition. You can now pay your tuition online on our website. There is a $25 registration fee( one per family ) that is due at the time of the registration. You can also pay it on our website. You can see the new schedule bellow. We will update the website soon. Please be patient with us.
Masks are mandatory for all face to face classes. We want you all to stay healthy and keep dancing :)
Due to the Coronavirus we are required to institute new rules to keep you and your family safe.
1. If anyone in your family has showed signs of Covid 19 or has come in contact with anyone who is sick with Covid 19 in the past 14 days, please do not come to class.
2. Parents and students can not sit in waiting room. You can bring your child in to the studio but you will need to stay in your car if you chose to wait for them. Once your child’s class ends, we will bring your child to the door for you to collect.
3. All students are required to wash their hands once they have entered the building and once class has ended.
4. The water fountain can only be used to refill water bottles. No drinking from the fountain.
5. Please come dressed for your class. Dressing rooms will be limited in usage.
6. All students should try to maintain 6 to 10 feet from each other if possible.
7. Masks are not required, but will be permitted.
Look at every great city throughout history. One thing ties them together: the arts. The arts provide an outlet for the soul, inspire people to greatness and create a city’s cultural heart. The Robert Ivey Ballet Academy is a classically innovative ballet company that creates, nurtures, and shares the joy of dance through excellence in quality performance and faithful stewardship of the art form.
We accept students from 4 years old to adult, and registration is open year round. There is a focus on providing students an understanding of the technique behind classical ballet, while nurturing their artistic development as well as their strength of character.
The Robert Ivey Ballet Academy holds its instructors to an international standard of excellence, and classes are Vaganova based. We offer classes in technique, pointe, partnering, and variations.
We offer regular opportunities for our students to perform. From productions with professional dancers for Piccolo Spoleto to story ballets to introduce educate and delight school children, we believe that performance experiece is essential.
The mission of the Robert Ivey Ballet Academy is to provide Charleston with the highest-level training possible in a safe and friendly environment. Robert Ivey Ballet Academy brings a renewed belief in the arts, improves arts education, and enriches where we live. Directors Michael and Olga Wise brings expertise of the world’s greatest ballet companies to Charleston, believing that Charleston deserves to have a ballet company that lives and breaths the classics, but also looks to the future.
The symphony is our voice, the fine arts museums our eyes, the dramatic theaters our minds, and dance our body. The arts in Charleston help to create a city where people want to live and grow.